Ease of Doing Business
Easier Than Ever
- Businesses expanding or investing in the region take less time and resources to setup their business in Jordan.
- The Jordan Investment Commission’s “Investment Window” department is the one-stop shop for investors or businesses seeking to register their businesses in a streamlined manner that takes up to 7 days.
- In a bid to enhance the business registration and licensing procedures; all required documents and permits can be acquired via the Jordan Investment Commission depending on the economic activity of the applicants.
- Foreign investments enjoy incentives and benefits offered by the Investment Law, including exemption from custom duties, general sales tax and in some cases reduction on income tax:
- No restrictions on foreign ownership except in a limited number of economic activities where a Jordanian partner is required.
- Investments in Development Zones and Free Zones can be wholly owned by foreign investors.
- Foreign investors enjoy privileges and guarantees, including national treatment, free movement of capital, protection against expropriation and options to resort to alternative dispute settlement mechanisms.
- Foreign Investments enjoy facilitated registration and licensing services provided by the Investment Window, in addition to support in obtaining visas and residency permits for investors, their families and employees as well as other services.
- No restrictions on capital transfers and repatriation of profits.
- 117 nationalities in industrial and service sectors own companies in Jordan.
- 5% of shares of publicly listed companies on Amman Stock Exchange are owned by non-Jordanians.